Thursday, 1 May 2014

Task 4 Written Task

Task 4 Written Task
Performing arts production process evaluation
1.      What was your production role? Evaluate the strength and weaknesses in this role. Be detailed in your response.
For this production of Great Expectations I was part of the movement team, which means we would somehow incorporate a piece of physical theatre movement or a certain dance but unfortunately because of the style of the direction we did not have the opportunity to fulfil my potential as a movement director. If we did have the chance, we planned to incorporate some sort of movement routine into the play and we thought about where we could put a movement piece in the play and how. We made a timetable of when we could fit a rehearsal in without interrupting lessons or line rehearsals with the directors so we asked if we could do some classes after lunch on Mondays for an hour or for an hour after school on a Monday or a Thursday if possible.
We wanted to make the change over between all the Pips and the Estella’s and the changeover between Act 2 Pip and Estella a movement piece because it put excitement into the play and would have kept the audience engaged if they weren’t already.
One of the weaknesses of this production role was us not getting a chance to do anything with the performance after planning everything and having it set out but if we would have got the chance to do it would had been very successful as we did have everything planned and we would have confirmation from directors to take the cast out and rehearse with them and confirmation to be part of the production.
One of strengths of the production role was the fact that we had everything planned and ready to take the next step which was teaching the cast. And that note I am proud of my overall input to the production role and organisation.

2.      What character did you play in the production? Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in this role? Evaluate the strength and weaknesses of your rehearsal technique and your performance.
I played Pip in Act two of Great Expectations. My strengths were listening to directions, responding to feedback, creating healthy relationships with other members of the ensemble, worked well in the ensemble, I also built up a good relationship with the cast members in my scene and overall I had a successful rehearsal process.
My weaknesses were not learning lines quick enough to have full run through and functional rehearsals and not developing my character until later on when I should had done it earlier.
Also not always writing down blocking and forgetting when and where to come on and my focus wasn’t as good as it should have been. I
What are you proud of in your production role?
I was proud of my planning and choreography ideas.
What could you have done differently to be more effective?
Worked with the pip chorus and made the movement happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment